The European Association for Local Democracy (ALDA) is recruiting local/international experts/organisation to evaluate the AGREED Project.
ALDA is currently implementing the EU funded project “Activating Governance Reform for Enhancing Development” (AGREED) in the Republic of Moldova.
The 36-months project aims at strengthening the capacity of Moldovan local authorities to perform a transparent and participatory governance in their Communities, with a specific reference to the policy making process related to the potential Local Public Administration reform. It intends to promote a multi-level governance dialogue between the national government and the local authorities and to develop a set of recommendations to improve and promote a new decentralization reform.
The main objectives and activities of the project are:
- strengthening the capacity of Moldovan local authorities to perform a transparent and participatory governance in their Communities
- build capacities of Local Authorities (LAs) and Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) to plan and implement their activities in close cooperation with local communities, and other stakeholders involving them into planning and implementation
- reinforcing dialogue and trust in local communities
- promote a multi-level governance dialogue between the national government and the local authorities
- implementation of participatory and multi-stakeholders’ local governance initiatives
- development of recommendations to improve and promote a new decentralization reform.
- Analysis of the state of art in the field of decentralisation in view of the territorial-administrative reform, including voluntary amalgamation
- Participatory local governance capacity building for LAs, elected staff and CSOs (Implementation of training sessions, webinars and training sessions online)
- Piloting participatory and multi-stakeholders local governance consultation on the decentralized reform for LAs
- Re-granting scheme for implementation of piloting actions
- National multi-stakeholders dialogue on voluntary amalgamation
- Communication and dissemination (Development of printing materials, production of digital information and access to relevant materials)
For more information about ALDA and the AGREED project, visit http://www.alda-europe.eu/newSite/project_dett.php?ID=140
Objectives and expected deliverables:
The selected expert(s)/organisation will work with project implementation team and beneficiaries of the project to collect information, opinions, suggestions and challenges faced by the stakeholders involved. Based on the collected information and (online) meetings with project implementation team and beneficiaries, the expert(s)/organisation will prepare an evaluation report.
The anticipated work package includes:
- Preparation of the draft evaluation report
Through desk researches, reviewing of the reports of the grants’ beneficiaries, discussions with small grants beneficiaries (CSOs, LPAs, local initiative groups, local population, etc) and project implementation team, selected expert(s)/organisation will develop the draft evaluation report on project implementation.
- Presentation of the evaluation report at the round table
Following the development of the draft evaluation report selected expert(s)/organisation will present the report at the round table with participation of main beneficiaries of the project, donors and project team.
- Finalizing the set of recommendations
As result of the open discussions at the round table, the expert(s)/organisation will incorporate received feedback from beneficiaries into the draft evaluation report.
- At least 3 years of previous proven professional experience in performing in-depth studies, analysis and writing assessment reports.
- Thorough understanding of the responsibilities of LPAs and co-operation with CSOs and local communities. Experience in working with the civil society organisations and local public authorities is an asset.
- Fluency in Romanian, Russian and English. The communication with project management and stakeholders will be conducted in all 3 mentioned languages. The output will be developed in Romanian with a summary in English.
- Draft evaluation report in Romanian;
- Final evaluation report, after the round table, in Romanian and a summary of the report in English
All intellectual property rights related to the work performed under this ToR will belong to ALDA. The applicant is expecting to work outside ALDA’s office and use her/his own equipment. However, some coordination meetings and interviews may take place at ALDA’s office in Chisinau.
The applicant should be available to start the assignment in June 2021.
To apply please send the below mentioned information in English:
- for individual or group of expert(s): the CV(s);
- for specialized organizations (legal entity, NGO, think-tank of consultancy company): copy of the registration document, the CV of the organization and CVs of all experts involved in carrying the tasks described in this ToR;
- cover letter describing the previous experience and qualifications to conduct similar studies;
- the technical proposal of actions and vision of developing report;
- financial offer with the detailed budget for the assignment.
The deadline for application is 28 May 2021, 23:59 local time in Chisinau.
The assessment of the application will be done to ensure the selection of best offer from cost/quality perspective. Please note that the financial offer should include all necessary technical, administrative or transportation costs, which will be required for carrying the tasks.
Any enquires regarding this ToR should be send exclusively in written form to email@example.com no later than 25th of May 2021.