ALDA at a glance:
ALDA was established in 1999 at the initiative of the Council of Europe to coordinate and support the network of Local Democracy Agencies, which are self-sustainable, locally registered NGOs acting as promoters of good governance and local self-government. Today, ALDA is a key stakeholder in the field of local democracy, active citizenship, and cooperation between local authorities and civil society.
Our activities in the EaP:
ALDA started its activities in Eastern Partnership countries in 2006 by establishing a Local Democracy Agency (LDA) in Georgia, Kutaisi. Up to date its EaP network grew to 5 LDAs located in Armenia, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine. ALDA has long standing cooperation and programmes also in Belarus.
As of February 2018, ALDA’s EaP Coordinator is working out of Chisinau, Republic of Moldova. Current Terms of Reference (ToR) are designed to select a dedicated individual who will support Coordinator’s work from communication, technical and logistic perspective. S/he will be based in Chisinau and work under the supervision of the EaP Coordinator in achieving ALDA’s mission and strategic targets for EaP region.
The incumbent will carry out the following tasks:
- Ensure a good functionality and daily office management of ALDA office in Chisinau (supervise in time payment of maintenance costs, office supplies, keep permanent communication with suppliers etc.);
- Provides administrative and clerical support to the process of preparation and drafting of project proposals, organizing meetings (including online) and both internal and external communication.
- Assists in the preparation of documents for use in the formulation of the work plans, progress reports, financial reports and periodic reviews with different stakeholders.
- Drafting of minutes of meetings and other written materials in English and/or Russian languages;
- Assistance to the Coordinator in monitoring and reporting tasks;
- Coordinate travel related issues, prepares spending reports and assembles information pertinent to the purpose of travel.
- Assistance in the organization of seminars, workshops, training activities and other actions within projects implemented by ALDA in EaP region.
- Assists in the preparation of terms of reference, programmes and logistics for visiting experts, missions, delegations, and donor representatives through liaison with local and oversees ALDA staff.
- Assist in procurement processes and proper assets management, monitoring and recording.
- Manages social media accounts of the project and the web page.
- Performs other duties (such as general correspondence, attendance at meetings, reports, follow-up, etc.) as required.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of concepts and approaches relevant to budgetary, financial and office management;
- Ability to perform a range of administrative functions, including event planning and organizing;
- Shows persistence and pro-activity when faced with difficult problems or challenges;
- Delivers outputs for which one has responsibility while operating in compliance with organizational regulations and rules;
- Identify and anticipate colleagues’ needs and matches them with solutions;
- Interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural environment with respect for diversity;
- Able to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor work while prioritizing competing demands; able to work on tight deadlines;
- Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning;
- Responsible and able to work remotely without a close supervision.
Applications, including CV and cover letter specifying the position applied for, shall be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for application is 18th of February, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information about ALDA, please visit http://www.alda-europe.eu